Cattle truck crashes into cars on Interstate 17 near Phoenix
PHOENIX — State highway authorities said four people were hurt when a tractor-trailer hauling cattle smashed into several cars on Interstate 17 just outside of Phoenix.
The 24-car accident Sunday shut down the southbound freeway near Black Canyon City north of the Valley. The freeway was closed well into the night.
Arizona Department of Public Safety said 17 people were taken to hospitals Sunday afternoon, four of them air-lifted.
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake is supportive of tax plan but wants tweaks
- First case of hantavirus in 2017 reported in northern Arizona
- Man admits to trying to steal train near downtown Phoenix
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale