PHOENIX — State highway authorities said four people were hurt when a tractor-trailer hauling cattle smashed into several cars on Interstate 17 just outside of Phoenix.
The 24-car accident Sunday shut down the southbound freeway near Black Canyon City north of the Valley. The freeway was closed well into the night.
Arizona Department of Public Safety said 17 people were taken to hospitals Sunday afternoon, four of them air-lifted.
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix has openings for fire emergency dispatchers
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- Andre the dog’s abuser yet to be found [REBROADCAST OF 12/3/2012]
- During rush hour, traffic matters in downtown Phoenix