Cattle truck crashes into cars on Interstate 17 near Phoenix
PHOENIX — State highway authorities said four people were hurt when a tractor-trailer hauling cattle smashed into several cars on Interstate 17 just outside of Phoenix.
The 24-car accident Sunday shut down the southbound freeway near Black Canyon City north of the Valley. The freeway was closed well into the night.
Arizona Department of Public Safety said 17 people were taken to hospitals Sunday afternoon, four of them air-lifted.
- Arizona lawmaker introduces resolution to honor Emma Stone
- Republican Moses Sanchez announces bid for Phoenix mayorship
- McSally: Democrats should ‘get over’ passing clean Dream Act
- For second year in a row, Arizona ranks among top 10 places to retire
- Luke AFB aerial show delayed to ensure ‘dynamic’ experience