Main Street Minute: Peoria to launch small business development center
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Peoria City Council has approved the launch of the Small Business Development Center. The center will provide services such as one-on-one counseling for business owners, networking opportunities, educational workshops and virtual counseling. It’s the second center in the West Valley.
• Mountainside Fitness will officially open its 13th Valley location this weekend. A ribbon cutting at 9 a.m. will kick off the celebration Saturday at the Queen Creek site. There will be free food and coffee as well as a blow-up obstacle course wall.
• Phoenix may soon land a big hotel. The Phoenix Business Journal reports developers from Tucson and Las Vegas have shelled out more than $17 million for 3½ acres near 28th Street and Camelback Road. Plans call for construction of a large office building and a 160-room Marriott.
- Cancer survivors, supporters push for Arizona bills to ease cancer burden
- Suit alleges Motel 6 discriminated against Latino customers
- Delay granted at Phoenix trial for man accused of making bomb parts
- WWE releases Enzo Amore after Phoenix woman accuses him of rape
- Arizona man cannot hunt for decade after illegally killing bighorn sheep