Northbound Loop 101 closed throughout weekend of Oct. 21
PHOENIX — According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, the northbound lanes of Loop 101, otherwise known as Pima Freeway, will be closed from Oct. 21-24.
The closure will take place in the Scottsdale area between Chaparral Road and Shea Boulevard. Construction is almost complete on the freeway, so the shutdown should give workers an ample amount of time to finish the freeway. ADOT insists drivers should look for alternate routes and expect extra time through these areas.
Other freeways will also have restrictions this weekend that drivers should be aware of, and ADOT urges people to be patient with these closures.
• Northbound Loop 101 will be closed between Chaparral Road and Shea Boulevard from 10 p.m Friday, Oct. 21 to 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 24. Construction workers plan to paint the final lane striping and make improvements to the bridge-joint.
• Westbound I-10 will be narrowed down to one lane starting at 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21 to 11 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23 between Verrado Way and State Route 85.
– Eastbound Loop 202 between Gilbert and Higley roads will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22. Construction workers plan to install overhead signs and traffic sensors.
• SR 347 will also be narrowed down to one lane between Riggs and Casa Blanca roads.
• Westbound Loop 202 connection to westbound Pecos Road will be closed at the I-10 from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23 for overhead power line work. Both of the I-10 ramps near Pecos will be closed.
– Westbound I-10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 will shut down from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22 for additional overhead repair.
– Eastbound I-10 ramp to northbound I-17 at the “Stack” interchange will be closed overnight from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m Saturday for bridge maintenance.
For a complete list of highway restrictions around the state, visit ADOT’s Travel Information site, and follow KTAR News online or 92.3 for additional updates.
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix
- Alarm causes flights headed to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to be diverted
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler
- Four Arizona cities among top 50 ‘most fun’ cities in US
- I-10 to have lane restrictions in both directions between Sept. 24-29