She Said: Grand Avenue Pizza Company may be the best pizza spot in Phoenix area
I would say you should go grab a slice of pizza at the Grand Avenue Pizza Company, but after one slice you are definitely going to wish you ordered a whole pie.
It’s easy for me to say this is some of the best pizza around. I think, at this point, I am in a full-blown relationship with this pizza since I eat there about three times a month.
My favorite go-to pie at this spot near Grand Avenue and Fillmore Street in Phoenix is the Stallion — pepperoni, spicy sausage, fresh mozzarella, artichoke, green peppers, red onions and shaved parmesan.
The red sauce is mild, with a hint of sweetness, and the peppery spices from the meats trickle through. It is topped off with fresh vegetables to give a perfect balance to this delightful pie.
The all-natural crust has a slight crunch and a nice, soft interior, giving it that East Coast touch.
Looking for a little something different? Try the Animal — white sauce, spicy sausage, smoked bacon, fresh garlic, banana peppers, spinach, bleu cheese and mozzarella. You’ll quickly taste the quality of the ingredients and won’t be surprised to discover that all sauces, toppings and dressings are prepared in-house from scratch.
I MUST mention the staff. They are stellar. They are so extremely nice, it’s actually enjoyable to call up for an order.
And, get this: They are open Tuesday through Saturday until 4 a.m.! Yes, you read that right: 4 A.M.
Not a night owl? This week Grand Avenue Pizza Company is open for lunch beginning at 11 a.m.
Now you have no excuse. Go and give this amazing pizza a try yourself! I bet you become hooked like me.
- ‘A Quiet Place’ isn’t just a horror movie, it’s a cinematic experience
- She Said: Cocktail Society promising start to Scottsdale Culinary Festival
- ‘Ready Player One’ is why we go to the movies
- She Said: Oak & Fork offers wine bar feel inside Ak-Chin Casino
- He Said: Devour Phoenix’s first year at Desert Botanical Garden a success
- He Said: Biltmore Bobby-Q offers cool, light summer options
- Celebrate International Sushi Day at the best Phoenix-area sushi spots
- She Said: Gadzooks isn't just for lunch and dinner, they have breakfast, too
- She Said: Where to go to celebrate Kentucky Derby, Cinco de Mayo
- She Said: Chef Wade's food truck takes mac 'n' cheese to another level