Wrong-way driver accident shuts down freeway in north Phoenix
PHOENIX — A wrong-way driver traveling on a Phoenix-area highway caused a three-car wreck early Thursday morning, injuring two people.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the accident in north Phoenix closed southbound Interstate 17 at the Carefree Highway (State Route 74) around 4:15 a.m. A driver got onto the south lane trying to head north.
The accident victims were taken to a hospital, where each was reported to be in serious but stable condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona officials work to ensure wildlife have water during drought
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this weekend
- McCain viewed more favorably among Arizona Dems than GOP, poll finds
- Has Republican Party been redefined under Trump? Sen. Jeff Flake says so
- Ex-high school teacher in western Arizona arrested in sex investigation