PHOENIX — A wrong-way driver traveling on a Phoenix-area highway caused a three-car wreck early Thursday morning, injuring two people.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the accident in north Phoenix closed southbound Interstate 17 at the Carefree Highway (State Route 74) around 4:15 a.m. A driver got onto the south lane trying to head north.
The accident victims were taken to a hospital, where each was reported to be in serious but stable condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- Opinions split after Trump protest in downtown Phoenix
- Arpaio felt Trump would defy advisers, grant pardon at Phoenix rally
- Phoenix police chief gives officers A+ for conduct during Trump rally protest
- Opinion: Four takeaways from Trump’s rally speech in Phoenix