Wrong-way driver accident shuts down freeway in north Phoenix
PHOENIX — A wrong-way driver traveling on a Phoenix-area highway caused a three-car wreck early Thursday morning, injuring two people.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the accident in north Phoenix closed southbound Interstate 17 at the Carefree Highway (State Route 74) around 4:15 a.m. A driver got onto the south lane trying to head north.
The accident victims were taken to a hospital, where each was reported to be in serious but stable condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Child killed, six others injured in rollover accident on I-10
- FBI warning Arizonans of ‘virtual kidnapping’ phone scam
- Man arrested in Arizona home for murder of ex-wife in California
- Groups seek lawyer to appeal decision to pardon former Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Arizona law enforcement agencies seek to recruit young people