Wrong-way driver accident shuts down freeway in north Phoenix
PHOENIX — A wrong-way driver traveling on a Phoenix-area highway caused a three-car wreck early Thursday morning, injuring two people.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the accident in north Phoenix closed southbound Interstate 17 at the Carefree Highway (State Route 74) around 4:15 a.m. A driver got onto the south lane trying to head north.
The accident victims were taken to a hospital, where each was reported to be in serious but stable condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona Super Show to be held at University of Phoenix Stadium
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver
- Rep. Andy Biggs: Florida shooting should not be ‘politicized’
- Arizona bill would fine residents for misrepresenting service animals
- Gov. Doug Ducey among keynote speakers for Phoenix Startup Week