Scottsdale-based Discount Tire has contributed $1 million to Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy in Opposition to Prop. 205, a group against the legalization of marijuana in Arizona according to Phoenix Business Journal.
Discount Tire is not the first company to donate to the group. Construction machinery company Empire Southwest LLC has donated $200,000 to the group.
If the vote on Prop. 205 on Nov. 8 goes in favor of the legalization of marijuana, Arizona would join Alaska, Colorado, Oregon and Washington as the others to legalize it for recreational use.
There have been several other donations to the group, including an anti-legalization group from Virginia that donated $115,000 and a combined $30,000 from three prominent businessmen in Arizona.
This isn’t the first time Discount Tire has included themselves in political affairs, however, after they had signs supporting the re-election of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio this summer.
- YCSO arrests 3 for marijuana edibles that look like cereal
- Border agents in Arizona drop from copter, snag suspects, 430 pounds of pot
- Legalized marijuana could again appear on Arizona ballots
- Border Patrol seizes 2,000 pounds of marijuana from truck in southern Arizona
- Maricopa County attorney wants feds to reverse recreational marijuana laws