Scottsdale-based Discount Tire contributing $1 million to campaign against marijuana legalization
Scottsdale-based Discount Tire has contributed $1 million to Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy in Opposition to Prop. 205, a group against the legalization of marijuana in Arizona according to Phoenix Business Journal.
Discount Tire is not the first company to donate to the group. Construction machinery company Empire Southwest LLC has donated $200,000 to the group.
If the vote on Prop. 205 on Nov. 8 goes in favor of the legalization of marijuana, Arizona would join Alaska, Colorado, Oregon and Washington as the others to legalize it for recreational use.
There have been several other donations to the group, including an anti-legalization group from Virginia that donated $115,000 and a combined $30,000 from three prominent businessmen in Arizona.
This isn’t the first time Discount Tire has included themselves in political affairs, however, after they had signs supporting the re-election of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio this summer.
- Arizona reaches $1M settlement in illegal telemarketing case
- Arizona poll shows strong support for marijuana legalization, taxation
- New marijuana bill could benefit Arizona’s real estate market
- 482 pounds of marijuana seized, 5 arrested in Phoenix bust
- Resolution would put form of legal marijuana on Arizona ballots