Charlie Levy has taken control of a 20,000-square-foot building at 401 W. Van Buren Street with plans of turning it into a music venue.
Levy is behind fellow downtown Phoenix venues such as Crescent Ballroom and Valley Bar, and is in partnership with Tucker Woodbury and the promotion company Stateside Presents.
The building is currently owned by Jim Kuykendall and Pat Cantelme, who have been attempting to create a venue for the past couple years.
There’s a long history associated with this building: parts of it go back to 1930, and it was also the home to the Phoenix Motor Co. auto dealership in 1939.
Levy projects the venue to be completed by spring 2017 and estimates it will hold close to 1,800 people.
- White House says Trump will not pardon Arpaio at Phoenix rally
- Arizona congressman says President Donald Trump is ‘clearly a racist’
- Live blog: President Donald Trump visits Yuma, hosts rally in Phoenix
- Opinion: Five things to watch for during Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Phoenix residents hope to save Chinese Cultural Center with online petition