The Arizona Department of Transportation announced multiple freeway restrictions scheduled to take place this weekend in the Phoenix area.
ADOT recommends drivers should allow for extra travel time and to consider alternate routes when planning to get behind the wheel Friday evening through early Monday morning.
Here is what the Valley freeways are going to look like from Oct. 14-17:
- Westbound Loop 202 will be closed between Cooper and Price roads from 10 p.m. Friday through 6 p.m. Saturday for sign installation. The on-ramps at Gilbert Road, Cooper Road, McQueen Road, Arizona Avenue and Alma School Road will also be closed. On- and off-ramps at Center Parkway will be closed from 5:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday.
- Eastbound Loop 202 on-ramps at Priest Drive and Center Parkway will be closed from 5:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday for an event. The off-ramp at Scottsdale Road will be closed to southbound Scottsdale Road traffic during the same time interval.
- Westbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to one lane between Verrado Way and Miller Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for paving. The on-ramp at Verrado Way will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Saturday, while the on-ramp at Watson Road will be closed from 10 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Eastbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane between Sarival Avenue and Estrella Parkway from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for paving. Southbound Loop 303 ramps to eastbound I-10 will also be closed, along with the eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Sarival Avenue. The off-ramp at Estrella Parkway will be closed from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- State Route 347 will be narrowed to one lane in both directions in areas between Riggs and Casa Blanca roads from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday for pavement work.
- On Monday evening, the Arizona Cardinals take on the New York Jets at 5:30 p.m., so drivers should expect heavier traffic on westbound I-10 and Loop 101.
For additional freeway-restriction information, click here and go under ADOT News.
- Border agents arrest 2 in Arizona for alleged attempted meth smuggling
- Prosecutors change policy for marijuana smuggling in Arizona
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- I-10 near Sky Harbor to be restricted overnight this week for maintenance
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say