A Flagstaff-based brewing company prevented Arizona from being shutout during the Great American Beer Festival last weekend in Denver.
Historic Brewing Company was the lone Arizona brewery to earn a medal at the world’s largest commercial beer competition, taking home silver in the wood and barrel-aged sour beer category for its Avant-Chard.
This marks the second time in three years that Arizona managed just a single medal at the event. Breweries from the state took home four medals last year, one in 2014 and five in 2013.
In total, the festival included 1,752 breweries representing all 50 states, and featured 96 different categories. California led all states in the competition with 68 medals this year.
A full list of current and previous GABF winners can be found here.
- Valley coach suspended by USA Gymnastics for sexual misconduct
- Study: Arizonans among least tolerant of neighbor’s political yard signs
- Arizona man pleads guilty to killing Utah youth rehab worker
- Economy, immigration among factors of Arizona’s declining birth rate
- Jessica Lynch honors Lori Piestewa at 2018 Native American Games