A Flagstaff-based brewing company prevented Arizona from being shutout during the Great American Beer Festival last weekend in Denver.
Historic Brewing Company was the lone Arizona brewery to earn a medal at the world’s largest commercial beer competition, taking home silver in the wood and barrel-aged sour beer category for its Avant-Chard.
This marks the second time in three years that Arizona managed just a single medal at the event. Breweries from the state took home four medals last year, one in 2014 and five in 2013.
In total, the festival included 1,752 breweries representing all 50 states, and featured 96 different categories. California led all states in the competition with 68 medals this year.
A full list of current and previous GABF winners can be found here.
- Ex-Maricopa County deputy gets prison for sex with inmate
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- Andre the dog’s abuser yet to be found [REBROADCAST OF 12/3/2012]
- John McCain spends time outdoors with Lieberman, Graham