PHOENIX — Repair crews had to shut down Interstate 10 near downtown Phoenix on Wednesday to repair broken lights in the Deck Park Tunnel.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the closure of eastbound lanes at I-17 happened after a tractor-trailer did some damage to overhead lights in the morning.
The closure lasted about four hours.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said backup went as far as 59th Avenue.
Eastbound traffic was rerouted to southbound I-17 to get around the shutdown and reconnect with I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport.
Westbound I-10 remained open.
- Morning rush hour crash closes stretch of US 60 eastbound in Mesa
- Arizona man becomes 20th person sentenced in telemarketing scheme
- Parts of northern Arizona forest to close this summer to prevent wildfires
- Arizona appeal court dismisses opposite-sex bias claim
- Trust in self-driving vehicles falls after accidents like ones in Arizona