PHOENIX — Repair crews had to shut down Interstate 10 near downtown Phoenix on Wednesday to repair broken lights in the Deck Park Tunnel.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the closure of eastbound lanes at I-17 happened after a tractor-trailer did some damage to overhead lights in the morning.
The closure lasted about four hours.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said backup went as far as 59th Avenue.
Eastbound traffic was rerouted to southbound I-17 to get around the shutdown and reconnect with I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport.
Westbound I-10 remained open.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Thousands to take part in Women’s March in Phoenix on Saturday
- Arizona ranks as top-half place to live for electric car owners
- Arizona man sentenced to 280 years in prison for child pornography
- Central American families, children cross into US near Yuma
- Part of I-10 closed over weekend for South Mountain Freeway construction