PHOENIX — Repair crews had to shut down Interstate 10 near downtown Phoenix on Wednesday to repair broken lights in the Deck Park Tunnel.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the closure of eastbound lanes at I-17 happened after a tractor-trailer did some damage to overhead lights in the morning.
The closure lasted about four hours.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said backup went as far as 59th Avenue.
Eastbound traffic was rerouted to southbound I-17 to get around the shutdown and reconnect with I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport.
Westbound I-10 remained open.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona governor outspends Democratic rival in election
- Big numbers of Central Americans arriving at Arizona border
- Think Tank discusses mass incarceration in Arizona
- Stretch of southbound I-17 through central Phoenix closed this weekend
- President Donald Trump arrives at Sky Harbor ahead of Mesa rally