PHOENIX — Repair crews had to shut down Interstate 10 near downtown Phoenix on Wednesday to repair broken lights in the Deck Park Tunnel.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the closure of eastbound lanes at I-17 happened after a tractor-trailer did some damage to overhead lights in the morning.
The closure lasted about four hours.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said backup went as far as 59th Avenue.
Eastbound traffic was rerouted to southbound I-17 to get around the shutdown and reconnect with I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport.
Westbound I-10 remained open.
- Arizona teachers turning to Airbnb to boost their income, survey finds
- Trump plan scales back Obama’s coal emissions standards
- Trial begins over renewable energy proposal in Arizona
- DPS investigating woman’s death in car along Phoenix-area freeway
- Kombucha couture: Valley designer looks to grow own clothing