PHOENIX — Repair crews had to shut down Interstate 10 near downtown Phoenix on Wednesday to repair broken lights in the Deck Park Tunnel.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the closure of eastbound lanes at I-17 happened after a tractor-trailer did some damage to overhead lights in the morning.
The closure lasted about four hours.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said backup went as far as 59th Avenue.
Eastbound traffic was rerouted to southbound I-17 to get around the shutdown and reconnect with I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport.
Westbound I-10 remained open.
- Poll shows Arizona split on support for President Trump
- Arizona DPS head talks challenges in recruiting young, diverse applicants
- Judge halts newest Trump travel ban, saying it has same woes
- FBI warning Arizonans of ‘virtual kidnapping’ phone scam
- Man arrested in Arizona home for murder of ex-wife in California