PHOENIX — Repair crews had to shut down Interstate 10 near downtown Phoenix on Wednesday to repair broken lights in the Deck Park Tunnel.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the closure of eastbound lanes at I-17 happened after a tractor-trailer did some damage to overhead lights in the morning.
The closure lasted about four hours.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said backup went as far as 59th Avenue.
Eastbound traffic was rerouted to southbound I-17 to get around the shutdown and reconnect with I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport.
Westbound I-10 remained open.
- Prescott named among best small towns in US to celebrate Christmas
- Ottawa University to build $6M athletic center on its Surprise campus
- Most drinking water sources in Arizona public schools have no lead
- Ballet Arizona’s ‘The Nutcracker’ considered among best in nation
- Kids who are stubborn with food may be more than just ‘picky eaters’