PHOENIX — Get ready, Phoenix: Another big-name band is coming to the Valley.
On Monday, alternative rock band Green Day announced it would open its Revolution Radio North American Tour on March 1 at Talking Stick Resort Arena in downtown Phoenix.
Tickets for the show will go on sale to the public on Friday at 10 a.m. A presale will be available for members of the band’s official fan group, Idiot Nation, beginning Wednesday.
The tour is in support of the band’s 12th studio album, “Radio Revolution,” that was released Friday.
Green Day will wrap up a European tour slightly less than a month before the Phoenix concert.
If you miss the band in March, Green Day will be close to Arizona in April. The band is scheduled to play April 7 in Las Vegas and April 8 in San Diego.
The band will tour with another alternative rock band, Against Me!
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Phoenix fire crews respond to 5 heat-related mountain rescues Sunday
- Phoenix works with community to replace aging public-housing complex
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- Canned food structures on display for Phoenix ‘Canstruction’ competition