PHOENIX — If you’re looking for one of the best hot-air balloon rides the country has to offer, you won’t have to go far.
A new ranking from the travel giant Fodor’s lists Arizona Balloon Safaris as one of the top 10 rides in the United States. Located in Cave Creek, the company offers balloon trips throughout the Sonoran Desert.
Soaring as high as 5,000 feet off the desert floor, riders can get a glimpse of Flagstaff and beyond on clear day. Balloons also float down to tree level, giving customers an upclose view of jackrabbits, roadrunners and coyotes all from the safety of the basket.
In case riders work up an appetite, Arizona Balloon Safaris also provides muffins, eggs, fresh fruit, orange juice and bottled water on all tours.
For more information on Arizona Balloon Safaris or to book a ride of your own, visit the company’s website.
- Body of missing elderly man found in West Valley canal
- Eat up! Food prices in Arizona down more than 6 percent in 2017
- Carroll Shelby’s 1966 Shelby GT to be put up for auction in Scottsdale
- Tucson police arrest 80-year-old man in bank robbery case
- Number of construction projects at Phoenix-area hotels on the rise