Donald Trump issued a video statement Friday night in response to the recording of a crude conversation from 2005 with Billy Bush posted by the Washington Post.
Various Republicans spoke out vehemently against what Trump said, including House Speaker Paul Ryan announcing Trump would no longer be attending a GOP event in Wisconsin on Saturday.
Trump released a statement Friday night a few hours before the video statement.
Governor Mike Pence will be representing me tomorrow in Wisconsin. I will be spending the day in New York in debate prep with RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Jeff Sessions, and then flying to St. Louis on Sunday for the 2nd Presidential Debate.
The tape, from 2005, was a recording of Trump with Billy Bush, then of “Access Hollywood”, on a bus prior to taping a segment regarding Trump’s cameo on the soap opera “Days of our Lives.”
- Arizona congressman pushing for release of surveillance memo
- Donald Trump defends self after comments: ‘I am not a racist’
- McCain, O’Halleran denounce Trump’s ‘s***hole countries’ comment
- President Jeff Flake? Arizona senator not ruling out 2020 presidential run
- Sen. Jeff Flake reportedly undecided on Republican tax bill vote