Donald Trump issued a video statement Friday night in response to the recording of a crude conversation from 2005 with Billy Bush posted by the Washington Post.
Various Republicans spoke out vehemently against what Trump said, including House Speaker Paul Ryan announcing Trump would no longer be attending a GOP event in Wisconsin on Saturday.
Trump released a statement Friday night a few hours before the video statement.
Governor Mike Pence will be representing me tomorrow in Wisconsin. I will be spending the day in New York in debate prep with RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Jeff Sessions, and then flying to St. Louis on Sunday for the 2nd Presidential Debate.
The tape, from 2005, was a recording of Trump with Billy Bush, then of “Access Hollywood”, on a bus prior to taping a segment regarding Trump’s cameo on the soap opera “Days of our Lives.”
- Trump signs bill expanding college assistance for veterans
- North Korean tensions aren’t deterring tourists from Guam
- Protests, vigils around US decry white supremacist rally
- Rep. Trent Franks: ‘All of us condemn this horrifying tragedy’
- Retired Arizona congressman: Past US, North Korea efforts not working