Phoenix and Tempe fire crews responded to a two vehicle accident at 40th Street and Broadway Road.
Around 10:30 a.m., a blue pickup truck collided with a Ford Ranger. There were two adults and a child that appeared to be around two-years-old not in a child seat. Three additional children were in the bed of the truck, with one eight-year-old in extreme critical condition.
Four pediatric patients and one adult patient were transported to nearby level one trauma centers. Three of the pediatric patients were classified as serious condition and one was listed as critical.
The adult female was listed as being in serious condition.
According to Sergeant Vince Lewis, the driver of the blue pickup truck has showed signs of improvement. Lewis went on to say that the intersection and the I-10 eastbound 40th Street off ramp have been closed until further notice.
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- Canned food structures on display for Phoenix ‘Canstruction’ competition
- Phoenix expected to see 118 degree temperatures next week
- Closures, restrictions of I-10 in Phoenix to continue this weekend
- Phoenix officer in critical condition after Cave Creek car crash