PHOENIX — An Asia-based tea company has chosen Tempe as its first location in the United States.
DaYung’s Tea has leased a 1,400 square foot unit at Mill Plaza in Tempe. The Taiwan tea company boasts 270 stores throughout Asia, but has yet to open a location in North America.
DaYung’s offers a mix of fruit tea and smoothie drinks. Judi Butterworth and Lacey Guardado represented the tenant for Orion Investment Real Estate.
“We are very excited to have represented DaYung’s for their first store in North America,” Butterworth and Guardado said in a statement. “This hot new concept will blend in perfectly with the other new restaurants at Mill Plaza.”
Both Butterworth and Guardado also acknowledged the built-in market for a store of this nature.
“It will also be able to serve the huge Asian customer base, as well as the ASU student population,” they said.
Mill Plaza is located on the corner of Southern and Mill avenues. More than 61,000 cars drive by the shopping center each day, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
- Tempe Fire Department undergoes dementia awareness training
- Silver Alert canceled for previously missing 81-year-old man
- Concertgoer disappears in 1982 after Tempe show
- Former Tempe judge sentenced to four months for stabbing wife 10 times
- Arizona AG Brnovich settles lawsuit with Tempe over lease tax breaks