KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus has launched a mechanical engineering department. Until recently, the program was part of the aerospace and mechnical engineering department, but if officially became a stand-alone department after enrollment tripled in recent years.
• Mountain Park Health Center in Arizona has been awarded more than $200,000 from the federal Department of Health and Human Services for high performance in five categories. The center has eight locations across the Valley.
• A Scottsdale-based food company has good news for gluten-free pizza lovers. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Mikey’s Muffins has added gluten-free pizza crust to its offerings of gluten, grain, soy and dairy -free muffins.
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks believes Trump will pardon Arpaio, supports it
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Tempe police, federal agents haul in 30,000 fentanyl pills during traffic stop
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona