KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus has launched a mechanical engineering department. Until recently, the program was part of the aerospace and mechnical engineering department, but if officially became a stand-alone department after enrollment tripled in recent years.
• Mountain Park Health Center in Arizona has been awarded more than $200,000 from the federal Department of Health and Human Services for high performance in five categories. The center has eight locations across the Valley.
• A Scottsdale-based food company has good news for gluten-free pizza lovers. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Mikey’s Muffins has added gluten-free pizza crust to its offerings of gluten, grain, soy and dairy -free muffins.
- Arizona clean energy measure one step closer to appearing on Nov. ballot
- 77-year-old southeast Arizona man dies from drowning in monsoon storm
- Arizona rated poorly for care of underprivileged children
- Independent groups have spent $6 million in Arizona’s Senate race
- A year after US left Paris climate pact, Arizona mayors still cling to fight