U.S. Sen. John McCain may be too tough to beat in Tuesday’s primary vote, Arizona’s Morning News host Jim Sharpe told MSNBC.
Sharpe said former state Sen. Kelli Ward’s attack on McCain’s age is likely not enough to overcome the longtime senator in Tuesday’s vote.
However, Sharpe said McCain could face a fight in November’s general election race against U.S. Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick (D-Ariz.).
- Brewer says McCain won’t resign as Senate moves to confirm Kavanaugh
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Phoenix-area stories from 4th of July weekend
- Sen. John McCain’s longtime aide says he is working on physical therapy
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this weekend
- McCain viewed more favorably among Arizona Dems than GOP, poll finds