U.S. Sen. John McCain may be too tough to beat in Tuesday’s primary vote, Arizona’s Morning News host Jim Sharpe told MSNBC.
Sharpe said former state Sen. Kelli Ward’s attack on McCain’s age is likely not enough to overcome the longtime senator in Tuesday’s vote.
However, Sharpe said McCain could face a fight in November’s general election race against U.S. Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick (D-Ariz.).
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from past weekend
- Flake, McCain criticize Trump plan to raise tariffs on steel, aluminum
- Meghan McCain asks CPAC chairman for respect after father booed
- Cindy, Meghan McCain call on Trump to stop ‘bullying’ Arizona senator
- Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald pays visit to John McCain