Are you looking to see some unique art and exotic animals in the same location? Phoenix Zoo will be able to check both of those boxes this September when “Nature Connects,” an award-winning exhibition of animals created with LEGO pieces, comes to town.
The exhibit has 27 animal and flora sculptures built with over one million LEGO pieces, coming from the mind of highly acclaimed artist Sean Kenney.
Kenney is thrilled for Phoenix to see his work.
“I’m excited to bring Nature Connects to the Phoenix Zoo,” Kenney said. “Everyone can get something out of the exhibit; whether it’s an educational message about conservation and ecosystems, an appreciation for the beauty of nature, the fun of seeing giant larger-than-life sculptures built with millions of LEGO bricks, or even the inspirational backstory about my flight from white-collar employment to follow this crazy dream of becoming a ‘professional kid.’”
The pieces can be seen at Phoenix Zoo from Sep. 17 to Jan. 2 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Art lovers, rejoice! Scottsdale’s Canal Convergence to kick off this weekend
- Residents push to keep Maricopa County animal shelters open
- Notable quotes made by some notable people in 2017
- Jaguar at Phoenix Zoo receives advanced treatment for tumor
- Two-toed sloth named Fern will soon be on display at Phoenix Zoo