People just can’t seem to let go of this nonsense surrounding San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
Yes, he didn’t stand for the national anthem before a preseason game. Yes, it was meant to get attention.
Yes, it is hypocritical of a man that was abandoned by his parents, adopted and raised by white people in Wisconsin, received a free education and now makes $19 million per year to be protesting oppression by white people.
He is so self-absorbed that he thinks that his point will be taken seriously and lead to societal change.
But what do we expect? Colin Kaepernick is an idiot.
Because he is an idiot, Kaepernick chose to call out the nation as a whole and not focus his attention on the real problems.
Because he is an idiot, Kaepernick has done more to divide people on the issue of race relations more than he has done any good.
Because he is an idiot, Kaepernick will fail to mention that we have a black president, black attorney general, black secretary of homeland security, black national security advisers, and black police chiefs that are doing great work in their communities. He missed the opportunity to say that is a good start, but we can do better.
Because he is an idiot, Kaepernick will continue to bite the hand that feeds him. These actions are toxic in the world of professional sports. It’s all about image. No team will want to bring his brand of hypocritical nonsense to their sidelines.
Because he is an idiot, Kaepernick will not see his poor play as the reason for being shunned by teams after the Niners cut him. He will blame an oppressive system that tossed him aside for speaking out.
Because he is an idiot, Kaepernick will not take a moment to clarify that he was NOT stomping on the memory of all that have fought and died for this country that has blessed him beyond most people’s wildest dreams.
Because he is an idiot, Kaepernick will not use his POWERFUL life story as an example of what this country has to offer even those that are cast aside as babies.
The best way to handle this idiot is to look the other way, pay him no mind, stop giving him press and turn our attention to those that are making positive changes in their own communities.
Maybe then he will get it through his thick skull that disrespecting our nation’s anthem does nothing to bring change and only exposes you for the idiot that you are.
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof