Remember the days when Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was simply “The Rock”? The days when he terrorized the WWE?
Well, Johnson seems to be doing just fine with how things have turned out since.
The former wrestler has taken over the top spot of Forbes’ list of highest-paid actors from Iron Man himself, Robert Downey, Jr., who fell to No. 8 ($33 million).
Johnson earned $64.5 million this year, which doubles his 2015 earnings. The 44-year-old stars in Central Intelligence, Fast 8 and Baywatch.
A quarter of Forbes’ list come from non-American actors. Jackie Chan ($61 million) ranked behind Johnson at No. 2, Shah Rukh Khan ($33 million) ranked No. 8, Akshay Kumar ($31.5 million) ranked No. 10, Salman Khan ($28.5 million) ranked No. 14 and Amitabh Bachchan ($20 million) ranked No. 18.
Harrison Ford ($15 million) makes a return to the list at No. 20 and is the oldest actor on the list at 74-years-old.
- Forbes has the richest person in Arizona worth over $5 billion
- Forbes crowns Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs as highest-paid entertainer
- Forbes ranks Phoenix area fourth on list of best cities for young professionals
- Tom Cruise says we all better gear up for ‘Top Gun 2’
- Little Caesars owner tops Forbes’ list of wealthiest self-made women