Remember the days when Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was simply “The Rock”? The days when he terrorized the WWE?
Well, Johnson seems to be doing just fine with how things have turned out since.
The former wrestler has taken over the top spot of Forbes’ list of highest-paid actors from Iron Man himself, Robert Downey, Jr., who fell to No. 8 ($33 million).
Johnson earned $64.5 million this year, which doubles his 2015 earnings. The 44-year-old stars in Central Intelligence, Fast 8 and Baywatch.
A quarter of Forbes’ list come from non-American actors. Jackie Chan ($61 million) ranked behind Johnson at No. 2, Shah Rukh Khan ($33 million) ranked No. 8, Akshay Kumar ($31.5 million) ranked No. 10, Salman Khan ($28.5 million) ranked No. 14 and Amitabh Bachchan ($20 million) ranked No. 18.
Harrison Ford ($15 million) makes a return to the list at No. 20 and is the oldest actor on the list at 74-years-old.
- Son of actor Jean-Claude Van Damme is arrested in Arizona
- Scottsdale native Emma Stone leads Forbes’ highest-paid actresses list
- Mark Wahlberg tops Forbes’ annual list of highest-paid actors
- Second time’s a charm: Frankie Muniz puts Scottsdale mansion for sale again
- Forbes has the richest person in Arizona worth over $5 billion