A 35-year-old man riding a bicycle was killed Saturday after he was struck by a vehicle Saturday evening.
According to police, the bicyclist was traveling north on 43rd avenue near West Bethany Home Road when he was struck from behind by a 2007 tan Chevrolet Tahoe driven by a 39-year-old man.
Police said the bicyclist was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Police added the driver of the Tahoe showed signs of impairment and was processed for suspected driving under the influence.
The name of the bicyclist is being withheld pending notification. Police said the investigation is ongoing.
- Joe Arpaio files appeal to undo contempt of court conviction
- Families of Florence children exposed to tear gas file lawsuit against state
- US customs pulling airport officers, sending them to Arizona border
- Glendale estimates savings of $162.3M after light rail cancellation
- Phoenix airport exploring plan to leave parking business