A 35-year-old man riding a bicycle was killed Saturday after he was struck by a vehicle Saturday evening.
According to police, the bicyclist was traveling north on 43rd avenue near West Bethany Home Road when he was struck from behind by a 2007 tan Chevrolet Tahoe driven by a 39-year-old man.
Police said the bicyclist was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Police added the driver of the Tahoe showed signs of impairment and was processed for suspected driving under the influence.
The name of the bicyclist is being withheld pending notification. Police said the investigation is ongoing.
- Trump’s visit to force closures of some downtown Phoenix streets, businesses
- Vice President Mike Pence expected to join Trump at Phoenix rally
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey will not attend Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Democratic leader says Trump’s unpredictability causing US instability
- Ex-Maricopa County deputy gets prison for sex with inmate