A 35-year-old man riding a bicycle was killed Saturday after he was struck by a vehicle Saturday evening.
According to police, the bicyclist was traveling north on 43rd avenue near West Bethany Home Road when he was struck from behind by a 2007 tan Chevrolet Tahoe driven by a 39-year-old man.
Police said the bicyclist was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Police added the driver of the Tahoe showed signs of impairment and was processed for suspected driving under the influence.
The name of the bicyclist is being withheld pending notification. Police said the investigation is ongoing.
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights
- Jams cause jammed roads: U2 to snarl Phoenix traffic on Tuesday
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam