A 35-year-old man riding a bicycle was killed Saturday after he was struck by a vehicle Saturday evening.
According to police, the bicyclist was traveling north on 43rd avenue near West Bethany Home Road when he was struck from behind by a 2007 tan Chevrolet Tahoe driven by a 39-year-old man.
Police said the bicyclist was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Police added the driver of the Tahoe showed signs of impairment and was processed for suspected driving under the influence.
The name of the bicyclist is being withheld pending notification. Police said the investigation is ongoing.
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale
- Silver Alert issued for missing 68-year-old Phoenix woman
- Drone carrying drugs, cellphones crashes at Arizona prison
- Off Central: Phoenix man works as auctioneer for more than 30 years
- Ducey aims to employ more people with disabilities in state agencies