Jennifer Lawrence, take a bow: The star has topped Forbes’ list of the highest-paid actresses for the second year in a row.
The business publication said the Oscar-winning star pulled in a whopping $46 million last year, before taxes were taken into consideration.
But to be fair, that’s less than Lawrence raked in during 2014. That year, she earned an eye-popping $52 million. We guess arguing for fair pay for actresses is working.
Of the 10 women who made this year’s list, eight of them act in American movies. The other two were Bingbing Fan of China — who has been on the Forbes list before and has made a foray into American film — and Deepika Padukone, who is a newcomer to the list.
A major reason most of the women were on the list was thanks to endorsements. Forbes said about 90 percent of the world’s highest-paid actresses supplement their pay with deals to market products.
In total, the 10 women on the list pulled in a staggering $205 million between June 1, 2015 and June 1, 2016.
- How many people in Arizona made Forbes’ 2018 list of billionaires?
- Phoenix-based Western Alliance Bank ranked among best in US
- Diddy tops Forbes’ annual list of highest-paid musicians
- Michael Jackson tops Forbes’ list of highest-earning dead celebrities
- Forbes: Six Arizonans make America’s wealthiest list