We take on two topics this week.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been referred by a federal judge for criminal contempt of court. Attorney Tom Ryan joins the show to tell us:
- What is likely to happen next in the sheriff’s legal saga?
- How long will this likely take?
- Is a deal (for example, “resign your office in return for dropping criminal charges”) possible?
Arizona primary questions
- Arpaio: What impact will the criminal referral have on the primary election? Mike O’Neil thinks the timing of the judge’s decision is PERFECT for Arpaio and will explain why.
- Sen. John McCain: Where does he stand in the primary and in the general?
- What about those contested Congressional seats?
- And, certainly not least, how does Arizona look for the presidential election? There have been reports of a dead heat race; how likely will that hold up as we move towards November
- US Senate hopeful Kelli Ward gets $500K boost ahead of GOP primary
- ACLU launches effort to educate Arizona voters on Senate candidates
- Judge rules that Ann Kirkpatrick can be placed on August primary ballot
- Gov. Doug Ducey raises $555K for August gubernatorial primary
- Senate hopeful Joe Arpaio mum on details of Trump policies