We take on two topics this week.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been referred by a federal judge for criminal contempt of court. Attorney Tom Ryan joins the show to tell us:
- What is likely to happen next in the sheriff’s legal saga?
- How long will this likely take?
- Is a deal (for example, “resign your office in return for dropping criminal charges”) possible?
Arizona primary questions
- Arpaio: What impact will the criminal referral have on the primary election? Mike O’Neil thinks the timing of the judge’s decision is PERFECT for Arpaio and will explain why.
- Sen. John McCain: Where does he stand in the primary and in the general?
- What about those contested Congressional seats?
- And, certainly not least, how does Arizona look for the presidential election? There have been reports of a dead heat race; how likely will that hold up as we move towards November
- Legally Speaking: Breaking down Arpaio’s latest bid for innocence
- Hispanic community, others condemn possible Arpaio pardon
- Trump reportedly mulling pardon for former Maricopa County Sheriff Arpaio
- Taxpayers will have paid $92M in Arpaio court costs by next summer
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups