Only open for a few months now, it seems like the word about Stock & Stable has spread like a wildfire.
Hearing only good things about it, I decided to go check it out for myself. Located at The Colony, we decided to hit it up for brunch on a Saturday morning. We arrived soon after they opened and the trickle of diners were already moseying in.
We quickly got seated and our waiter couldn’t have been friendlier. My dining companion was debating over different IPAs and our informative waiter Andrew quickly helped him narrow down the choices. I stuck with an exciting OJ on this particular morning.
The menu is on the smaller side, but sometimes I prefer that because it usually indicates the restaurant has perfected those items. Benedicts, french toast sticks and even beef tongue hash & eggs are just a few of the brunch menu items. I decided on the biscuit and gravy and my dining companion decided on the traditional steak & eggs.
As we waited for our meals, I got a chance to get a good look around. The modern restaurant has a nice rustic flare giving it the feeling it has been there awhile. Subtle touches like horse paintings, exposed lighting and hefty wood furnishings tie in with the name. The large bar is the focal point of the room and seems to be inviting you in to a grab a drink and snack. I even spotted USB ports (which every bar should have these days) to keep you fully charged so you can summons that Uber if needed.
Our brunch arrived and both were nicely plated. My dining companion’s steak & eggs were exactly what you would expect to be served on a ranch. A medium rare steak (diner’s choice) hugging two bright sunny side eggs. The side of breakfast frites was the pleasant surprise on the plate and I had to try a forkful of those. Oh Yum!! Warm and soft interior with a crisp almost crunchy exterior. Thumbs up to the taters. My biscuits & gravy were also a winning dish. Mild but flavorful sausage gravy smothering two pull-a-part buttery biscuits topped with a fried egg. The perfect “stick to your ribs” kind of breakfast.
This summer, a place above Stock & Stable called Honor Amongst Thieves opened. It’s a lounge featuring an extensive list of handcrafted cocktails that are reinventions of the classics, as well as a small bites including, cheese and cured meat boards.
I already have a return trip planned to Stock & Stable to check out their social hour which they offer every day between 3 and 6 p.m. with discounted cocktails and small snacks.
The self-acclaimed modern American gastropub is located in central Phoenix:
5538 North 7th Street,
Phoenix, AZ 85014
The truffle buttered popcorn is rumored to be amazing…guess I will have to wait and see!
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Arizona prosecutor outlines case as Morris twins’ assault trial begins
- Art of Ice Cream Experience coming to Scottsdale in November
- Chinese community in Phoenix is fighting back for its cultural center
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing Phoenix woman with dementia
- Best Phoenix-area spots to celebrate National Cheeseburger Day
- Bon appetit! Seven places you should try during Arizona Restaurant Week
- He Said: Prado at Montelucia is perfect for Spanish tapas night
- She Said: Pine's Old County Inn offers some of best pizza in Arizona
- He Said: Cuban Foods Bakery & Restaurant captures true taste of Cuba