Let’s set the stage for this one right now: “Hell or High Water” is an instant classic.
The film tells the story of two brothers — played by Chris Pine and Ben Foster — who were left a ranch in west Texas. When it falls into foreclosure, they are left with one option: Rob banks to get their family land back.
It’s obviously more complex than that and has much deeper themes, but I don’t want to give anything away.
This movie is absolutely phenomenal. The acting is great, the cinematography is brilliant, the writing is smart and the story is compelling. Everything about this movie screams excellence.
“Hell or High Water” is easily my favorite — at least right now — for best film of the year.
I’d say more, but I need to go see this movie again.
Bruce St. James & Pamela Hughes
- ‘Space Jam 2’ is happening and here’s what we know so far
- Arizona movie theater chain to screen Burt Reynolds’ films this week
- Phoenix Film Foundation to debut Peoria Film Festival this fall
- Airman who inspired ‘Good Morning, Vietnam’ film has died
- Arizona native Emma Stone to return to big screen for ‘Zombieland 2’