Ladies and gentlemen, the wussafication of this great nation of ours is almost complete!
I woke up Thursday morning to the trending story of U.S. Soccer goalie Hope Solo and her firing from the U.S. national team and six-month suspension from U.S. Soccer.
My first thought was drug use or a fight. You know, a crime worthy of such a punishment.
Noop! She used the word — I hope you are sitting down for this — “COWARD!”
No! Surely not!
Yes, Solo was quoted by “Sports Illustrated,” following an Olympic loss to Sweden, as saying, “We played a bunch of cowards. The best team did not win today. I strongly believe that. I think you saw American heart.”
Of course, both organizations explained the suspensions away with clever words like “expectations,” “highest standards” and “principles.”
Maybe Solo should have called these slappies a bunch of cowards.
This is all on the heels of Ryan Lochte losing millions in endorsements for lying about a drunken thrashing of a Rio gas station bathroom.
You know, because it is so appalling for us to think that star athletes would get a little ripped up while celebrating victory on the road and beat up a soap dispenser.
Oh, please, shield our sensitive eyes and ears from such evil!
The sensitivity continues with the comparisons of these two international crises.
The Solo supporters claim this would have never happened if Solo were a man. They also ask why Solo was suspended, while Lochte received a slap on the wrist.
You know, I used to speak out against our $800 billion annual defense budget. I used to make jokes about defending ourselves from an alien invasion. Not anymore.
The more I see how hypersensitive, politically correct and outrage-prone this nation has become, the more I will champion those brave men and women who defend this once-tough nation.
They shield us from nations that would try to exploit our evolving weaknesses, wrapping around us like an Iron Man suit protect our ever softening core.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments