Monsoon storms rolled through the Valley Saturday night, causing power outages, rain and blowing dust in parts of the metro area.
Over 3,000 APS customers were without power in the northern part of the Valley after a line of thunderstorms went through. The storms moved from the northeast to the southwest, leaving with it a severe thunderstorm warning and blowing dust and a dust storm warning for parts of Pinal County.
APS reported that 1,321 customers were without power near New River after a major power line was reported down. Another 1,525 customers were without power near Rockaway Hills Road in north Phoenix and 1,661 customers were without power near Grovers Ave to Turf Paradise Road and Interstate 17 to 15th Avenue after the power line was reported down.
Storms continued to move into Sun City, Glendale, and Goodyear while storms continued to develop in Tempe and Mesa.
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks believes Trump will pardon Arpaio, supports it
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Tempe police, federal agents haul in 30,000 fentanyl pills during traffic stop