Monsoon storms rolled through the Valley Saturday night, causing power outages, rain and blowing dust in parts of the metro area.
Over 3,000 APS customers were without power in the northern part of the Valley after a line of thunderstorms went through. The storms moved from the northeast to the southwest, leaving with it a severe thunderstorm warning and blowing dust and a dust storm warning for parts of Pinal County.
APS reported that 1,321 customers were without power near New River after a major power line was reported down. Another 1,525 customers were without power near Rockaway Hills Road in north Phoenix and 1,661 customers were without power near Grovers Ave to Turf Paradise Road and Interstate 17 to 15th Avenue after the power line was reported down.
Storms continued to move into Sun City, Glendale, and Goodyear while storms continued to develop in Tempe and Mesa.
- Drone carrying drugs, cellphones crashes at Arizona prison
- Off Central: Phoenix man works as auctioneer for more than 30 years
- Ducey aims to employ more people with disabilities in state agencies
- Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix to be restricted over Nov. 17 weekend
- Mac Watson of ‘Mac and Gaydos’ shares story of adopting children