Monsoon storms rolled through the Valley Saturday night, causing power outages, rain and blowing dust in parts of the metro area.
Over 3,000 APS customers were without power in the northern part of the Valley after a line of thunderstorms went through. The storms moved from the northeast to the southwest, leaving with it a severe thunderstorm warning and blowing dust and a dust storm warning for parts of Pinal County.
APS reported that 1,321 customers were without power near New River after a major power line was reported down. Another 1,525 customers were without power near Rockaway Hills Road in north Phoenix and 1,661 customers were without power near Grovers Ave to Turf Paradise Road and Interstate 17 to 15th Avenue after the power line was reported down.
Storms continued to move into Sun City, Glendale, and Goodyear while storms continued to develop in Tempe and Mesa.
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Latinos in Arizona spent $42B on consumer goods in 2016, study finds
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Arizona tourism office, Chicago Cubs team up to bring Chicagoans to Valley
- Arizona-built spacecraft to slingshot around Earth on Friday