National Weather Service is reporting that the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued an ozone high pollution advisory for Maricopa County for August 21.
Weather conditions for Sunday are expected to result in local maximum eight-hour ozone concentrations which could pose a health risk.
Ozone can cause breathing difficulties for children, as well as people who suffer from respiratory problems. It is advised to avoid strenuous physical activity and the use of gas-powered equipment.
For additional details regarding the high pollution advisory, contact (602) 771-2367 or visit the ADEQ website.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital has a potential new hope in childhood cancer treatment
- Phoenix’s ‘Churn’ named one of the best ice cream spots in the country
- More is better: Lou Malnati’s to open 8 new spots in the Phoenix area
- MCSO detention officer accused of having sex with inmate
- Report: Skydiver heard loud noise before plane struck house