Three of the best legal minds in the state discuss our state’s criminal justice system this week.
Attorneys Robert McWhirter and Tom Ryan and retired judge George Logan are in the Think Tank to discuss:
- Mass incarceration — Do we over-incarcerate?
- Mandatory sentencing — Is this wise?
- Less expensive alternatives to incarceration — Do they work?
- Private Prisons — Are the incentives perverse? Why does Arizona have these when the federal government has concluded that they “are both less safe and less effective in providing correctional services” than those run by the government?
- Corrections costs are eating an increasing proportion of the Arizona budget. Is this money being spent wisely?
Tune into this week’s Think Tank, and hear what some of those involved with the system think.
- FBI searches for scarf-wearing suspect in 10 Valley robberies
- Phoenix woman sentenced for framing husband’s ex as stalker
- Gymnast McKayla Maroney alleges sexual abuse by team doctor
- Trump’s tax proposals: Tax reform or soak the middle class?
- Arizona doctor accused of forging prescriptions to get drugs