PHOENIX — A Tempe-based brewery is moving on up to the popular Uptown Plaza in Phoenix.
Huss Brewing Company announced Thursday it would open a new taproom near Central Avenue and Camelback Road, an area that is quickly becoming quite the destination for all things food and drink.
“Just like our Tempe Taproom, we wanted to create a comfortable space where people can relax, enjoy our beers and enjoy food from a multitude of area restaurants,” co-owner Leah Huss said in a press release.
Jeff Huss, the brewery’s co-owner and brew master, said in the same release that the new location will have a small kitchen to offer snacks and will be brewing beers that will only be available at the taproom.
“I think it’s cool that we can have some beers only available at the Tempe Taproom, and now have unique selection(s) at the Uptown Taproom,” he said, adding that he the taproom will have a neighborhood feel where people can relax or grab some beer to take home.
The taproom is expected to open in December.
Last month, Huss won a bronze medal for its Scottsdale Blonde at the U.S. Open Beer Championship.
The taproom’s new home, Uptown Plaza, recently welcomed Chicago pizza favorite Lou Malnati’s and the area was already host to several popular eateries, including Churn, Joyride and Windsor.
- Phoenix named one of the top 10 friendliest small business locations
- Phoenix jury convicts Syrian man accused of making bomb component
- Police situation forces closure of I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour
- Some students won’t pay more under Arizona university tuition proposals
- Here are some fun things to do in the Valley this St. Patrick’s Day weekend