FRESNO, Calif. (AP) – Authorities have identified a woman and four children killed in a fiery central California crash after another driver ran a stop sign.
The Los Angeles Times (
http://lat.ms/1nIKLof) reports the Fresno County coroner identified them Monday as 29-year-old Esmeralda Saucedo of Riverdale and her children, 11-year-old Breanna Reyes-Saucedo, 6-year-old Jada Saucedo, 3-year-old Nikko Saucedo and 1-year-old Isaac Saucedo.
Authorities say they were trapped in their burning Ford Expedition Saturday night after a minivan ran a stop sign at a Fresno County intersection and hit the SUV.
The woman’s husband was driving another car behind the SUV and tried to free his family but couldn’t. Witnesses had to pull him away from the wreckage.
The other driver, 41-year-old Juana Bejarano, remains hospitalized in fair condition and hasn’t been arrested. An investigation continues.
Information from: Los Angeles Times,
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development