FRESNO, Calif. (AP) – Authorities have identified a woman and four children killed in a fiery central California crash after another driver ran a stop sign.
The Los Angeles Times (
http://lat.ms/1nIKLof) reports the Fresno County coroner identified them Monday as 29-year-old Esmeralda Saucedo of Riverdale and her children, 11-year-old Breanna Reyes-Saucedo, 6-year-old Jada Saucedo, 3-year-old Nikko Saucedo and 1-year-old Isaac Saucedo.
Authorities say they were trapped in their burning Ford Expedition Saturday night after a minivan ran a stop sign at a Fresno County intersection and hit the SUV.
The woman’s husband was driving another car behind the SUV and tried to free his family but couldn’t. Witnesses had to pull him away from the wreckage.
The other driver, 41-year-old Juana Bejarano, remains hospitalized in fair condition and hasn’t been arrested. An investigation continues.
Information from: Los Angeles Times,
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths