PHOENIX — Adele has a message to some of her Phoenix fans: I’m sorry.
The singer announced in a video that her Wednesday show at Talking Stick Resort Arena in downtown Phoenix was being postponed because she came down with a bad cold.
The concert was rescheduled for Nov. 21.
“I’m really, really sorry,” the singer said in a video posted on Twitter. “I’ve had a cold for a couple of days and I’ve been pushing through it.”
Adele said, though she performed in Phoenix on Tuesday, she pushed herself too hard and the cold won the battle.
“As you can hear, even if I did the show, it wouldn’t be very good,” she said in the video, indicating her voice.
“I’m really, really, really sorry to have let anyone down,” she said. “I’ve enjoyed my tour so much and canceling shows is something I don’t want to do.
“I will reschedule the show,” she said. “I promise you: I will come back and I will smash it for you.”
Talking Stick Arena said fans who had tickets for Wednesday’s show should hold onto their tickets for the makeup date.
For those who cannot make a rescheduled show, the arena said refunds will be available where fans bought their tickets.
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Frontier Airlines to start offering flights between Phoenix, Orlando
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail