Becoming a Champion of Hope means you’re helping the more than 160,000 patients that are treated at Phoenix Children’s Hospital each year.
Give-A-Thon for Phoenix Children’s Hospital helps fund cutting-edge research, clinical programs, state-of-the-art equipment, family-friendly services and lets you help ensure the hospital can provide world-class care to each and every child who needs them.
In fact, more than 60 hospital programs are funded solely or significantly through philanthropy.
Below, you will see what becoming a Champion of Hope means every day to kids and families in Phoenix and all around the state of Arizona.
• Today, more than 80 patients will be treated for cancer in the hospital’s center for cancer and blood disorders.
• Today, 18 families will be living in our Ronald McDonald House while their child receives care because they’ve had to travel long distances to be here.
• Today, at least one patient will be recovering from or preparing for a heart transplant.
• Today, 283 patients will be inpatient at Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
• Today, there were 64 patients in our ER, up from 24 this morning!
• Today, there are 24 patients in the NICU.
• Today, there are 30 patients in the PICU (Pediatric ICU).
• Today, six or seven patients will be brought here for a trauma injury.
• During Give-A-Thon, at least one child will have been injured badly enough they will need to be airlifted to Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
• Today, 75 patients will be treated by specialists in our Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
• Today, 137 kids will need urgent care services at one of the hospital’s several urgent care centers across the Valley.
• Today, 786 patients will come here for an outpatient visit.
• Today, at least 45 patients will undergo surgery.
• Today, it will cost PCH $1.7 million to operate.
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital salutes its best during National Nurses Week
- D-backs’ Paul Goldschmidt donates $180K to Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- More than $1.66M raised for Phoenix Children’s Hospital during Give-A-Thon
- Opinion: Give-A-Thon for Phoenix Children’s hits close to home
- Nine reasons to become a Champion of Hope during PCH Give-A-Thon