PHOENIX — A 3-year-old was struck by a Phoenix police car Tuesday night and was taken to Phoenix Children’s Hospital in critical condition.
According to Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Rob McDade, the accident occurred in the area of 68th Avenue and Bethany Home Road around 7 p.m.
Authorities said the little girl had gotten ice cream from a truck and was running back across the street when she was struck with a police vehicle.
Police spokesman James Holmes confirmed there was a collision involving police in the same area Tuesday.
No other details were immediately available.
- Cancer survivors, supporters push for Arizona bills to ease cancer burden
- Suit alleges Motel 6 discriminated against Latino customers
- Delay granted at Phoenix trial for man accused of making bomb parts
- WWE releases Enzo Amore after Phoenix woman accuses him of rape
- Arizona man cannot hunt for decade after illegally killing bighorn sheep