PHOENIX — A 3-year-old was struck by a Phoenix police car Tuesday night and was taken to Phoenix Children’s Hospital in critical condition.
According to Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Rob McDade, the accident occurred in the area of 68th Avenue and Bethany Home Road around 7 p.m.
Authorities said the little girl had gotten ice cream from a truck and was running back across the street when she was struck with a police vehicle.
Police spokesman James Holmes confirmed there was a collision involving police in the same area Tuesday.
No other details were immediately available.
- Arizona bridges are generally safe, expert and national reports indicate
- Local investor envisions a haunting future for historic Peoria hotel
- Police: Guard at state office arrested in no-injury shooting
- Phoenix named one of the top 10 friendliest small business locations
- California-based company to move manufacturing operations to Goodyear