PHOENIX — A 3-year-old was struck by a Phoenix police car Tuesday night and was taken to Phoenix Children’s Hospital in critical condition.
According to Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Rob McDade, the accident occurred in the area of 68th Avenue and Bethany Home Road around 7 p.m.
Authorities said the little girl had gotten ice cream from a truck and was running back across the street when she was struck with a police vehicle.
Police spokesman James Holmes confirmed there was a collision involving police in the same area Tuesday.
No other details were immediately available.
- Phoenix councilman apologizes for posting meme on social media
- Phoenix libraries hosting program to learn about solar eclipse
- Express Scripts mail-order pharmacy to limit opioids
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally