PHOENIX — A 3-year-old was struck by a Phoenix police car Tuesday night and was taken to Phoenix Children’s Hospital in critical condition.
According to Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Rob McDade, the accident occurred in the area of 68th Avenue and Bethany Home Road around 7 p.m.
Authorities said the little girl had gotten ice cream from a truck and was running back across the street when she was struck with a police vehicle.
Police spokesman James Holmes confirmed there was a collision involving police in the same area Tuesday.
No other details were immediately available.
- Arizona parks well-suited for families looking to take a last-minute vacation
- Border agents arrest 2 in Arizona for alleged attempted meth smuggling
- Prosecutors change policy for marijuana smuggling in Arizona
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say