PHOENIX — A 3-year-old was struck by a Phoenix police car Tuesday night and was taken to Phoenix Children’s Hospital in critical condition.
According to Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Rob McDade, the accident occurred in the area of 68th Avenue and Bethany Home Road around 7 p.m.
Authorities said the little girl had gotten ice cream from a truck and was running back across the street when she was struck with a police vehicle.
Police spokesman James Holmes confirmed there was a collision involving police in the same area Tuesday.
No other details were immediately available.
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona schools chief Diane Douglas supports Board of Regents lawsuit
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail
- Phoenix police plan to search landfill for missing woman’s body