PHILADELPHIA (AP) – About 22,000 utility customers in eastern Pennsylvania remain in the dark four days after an ice storm knocked down trees and snapped power lines as yet another winter storm comes through the region.
The National Weather Service says between 1 and 3 inches of snow blanketed the area Sunday.
The number of customers without power has dropped from a peak of about 850,000 after Wednesday’s storm. Most of the outages are in the Philadelphia area.
The latest outage totals late Sunday night include nearly 11,000 customers in hard-hit Chester County.
Montgomery County had about 6,000 customers without electricity, while Bucks County had about 3,500.
Maryland also got hit hard by the ice storm. Emergency management officials reported hundreds of customers still remained without power there Sunday.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development