PHILADELPHIA (AP) – About 22,000 utility customers in eastern Pennsylvania remain in the dark four days after an ice storm knocked down trees and snapped power lines as yet another winter storm comes through the region.
The National Weather Service says between 1 and 3 inches of snow blanketed the area Sunday.
The number of customers without power has dropped from a peak of about 850,000 after Wednesday’s storm. Most of the outages are in the Philadelphia area.
The latest outage totals late Sunday night include nearly 11,000 customers in hard-hit Chester County.
Montgomery County had about 6,000 customers without electricity, while Bucks County had about 3,500.
Maryland also got hit hard by the ice storm. Emergency management officials reported hundreds of customers still remained without power there Sunday.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night