PHOENIX — Shots were fired at Eastern Florida State College on Thursday, leaving one person in critical condition.
The Orlando Sentinel reported that two people were in custody and a third person was being questioned.
#BREAKING: Police: Shooting reported at Eastern Florida State College (Palm Bay campus). Campus is on lockdown, per EFSC officials.
— Justin Warmoth (@JustinWarmoth) January 30, 2014
An alert on the school’s website said a shooting was reported in the parking lot of the Palm Bay Campus. Students were told to remain indoors with the doors locked. Classes were eventually canceled. The lockdown was lifted about 45 minutes later and students and staff were allowed to leave campus. The updated alert said at least one of the three was a student.
Police chief: Man beaten by two others with a pool cue before he grabbed a gun and shot one of them at Eastern Florida State College.
— WESH 2 News (@WESH) January 30, 2014
The campus is about 50 miles southeast of Orlando along the Atlantic coast and close to Interstate 95.
Earlier this week, Thewire.com pointed out there had been 11 school shootings in America this month.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon