When it comes to producing copious amounts of beer, there’s one giant among Arizona breweries.
Phoenix Business Journal ranked the top five breweries in Arizona based on the amount produced and SanTan Brewing Co. topped the list.
Now in the second year of the list, last year’s top producer was Four Peaks Brewing Co., who were sold to Anheuser-Busch last year, a parent company of Budweiser.
According to the list, SanTan Brewing Co. was the only company to brew at least 10,000 barrels of beer with 26,301 in 2015.
The numbers come from The Brewers Association, “a group dedicated to promoting small and independent craft brewers.”
Nimbus Brewing Co at 8,000 comes in second and Barrio Brewing Co. is third with 6,100 barrels brewed.
Lumberyard Brewing Co. and Oak Creek Brewing Co. round out the top five.
- Arizona lawmakers seek solution to sewage leak in two southern cities
- Mob hit man ‘Sammy The Bull’ freed early from Arizona drug conviction
- Harvey-related gas prices should drop soon in Arizona
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Arizona lawmakers say global subsidies threaten local airline jobs