GRAY, Maine (AP) – Frigid temperatures couldn’t stop this delivery.
Abigail Cain was in labor and about to leave for the hospital early Friday morning when she had no choice but to give but to give birth while standing in the driveway of her Gray home _ in wind chills that reached minus-13 degrees.
After the second contraction she felt she had to push, her father. Steve Bronish of Rumford, told the Sun Journal (
http://bit.ly/1mGLJRg). She had the car door open and was leaning on the seat when she gave birth to a 7-pound, 5-ounce healthy baby girl named Danica AnneMarie Cain.
Her husband, who was inside the house getting a bag to take to the hospital, came out to hear a baby crying.
The couple, who has a 2-year-old son, called an ambulance and mom and the baby were taken to the hospital.
“It was 10 below out, and she had no help at all and out she came right in the driveway,” Bronish said. “It’s quite an amazing story. I’m pretty excited.”
Information from: Sun-Journal,
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon