WINONA, Ariz. (AP) – Authorities located 15 people who ran from a vehicle after it rolled over in northern Arizona.
KTVK-TV reports (
http://bit.ly/1fedkc5) that the DPS and Coconino County Sheriff’s Office say several people fled the scene Friday night near Winona, which is 10 miles east of Flagstaff.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety says the vehicle rolled on eastbound Interstate 40 around 7:30 p.m. Some witnesses report as many as 20 people may have been in the vehicle.
The DPS says no other occupants were found, and the search was called off.
Officials say six people were admitted to a local hospital with serious injuries that were not life-threatening.
Four people were found around a campfire, and two others knocked on doors looking for help.
The DPS says child protective services took in three minors, and the remaining adults went to a local shelter.
Information from: KTVK-TV,
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night