WINONA, Ariz. (AP) – Authorities located 15 people who ran from a vehicle after it rolled over in northern Arizona.
KTVK-TV reports (
http://bit.ly/1fedkc5) that the DPS and Coconino County Sheriff’s Office say several people fled the scene Friday night near Winona, which is 10 miles east of Flagstaff.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety says the vehicle rolled on eastbound Interstate 40 around 7:30 p.m. Some witnesses report as many as 20 people may have been in the vehicle.
The DPS says no other occupants were found, and the search was called off.
Officials say six people were admitted to a local hospital with serious injuries that were not life-threatening.
Four people were found around a campfire, and two others knocked on doors looking for help.
The DPS says child protective services took in three minors, and the remaining adults went to a local shelter.
Information from: KTVK-TV,
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development