WINONA, Ariz. (AP) – Authorities located 15 people who ran from a vehicle after it rolled over in northern Arizona.
KTVK-TV reports (
http://bit.ly/1fedkc5) that the DPS and Coconino County Sheriff’s Office say several people fled the scene Friday night near Winona, which is 10 miles east of Flagstaff.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety says the vehicle rolled on eastbound Interstate 40 around 7:30 p.m. Some witnesses report as many as 20 people may have been in the vehicle.
The DPS says no other occupants were found, and the search was called off.
Officials say six people were admitted to a local hospital with serious injuries that were not life-threatening.
Four people were found around a campfire, and two others knocked on doors looking for help.
The DPS says child protective services took in three minors, and the remaining adults went to a local shelter.
Information from: KTVK-TV,
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas