Two students were shot inside a Philadelphia school Friday afternoon and police are searching for the shooter, believed to be another teenager.
Delaware Valley Charter School has been placed in lockdown, according to a TV station. Police said the students were in stable condition.
Another TV station reported that a teen girl and boy had each been shot in the arm and were taken to a nearby hospital.
— CBS Philly (@CBSPhilly) January 17, 2014
There were conflicting reports of where the shooting took place. Some outlets said the cafeteria, while others said the gym.
A source told Fox 29 that surveillance video showed that one shot was fired, hitting both students. The school is outfitted with metal detectors.
Students were being searched as they left campus.
Philadelphia police said they were reviewing surveillance footage and that the shooter was caught on tape.
****No Longer an Active Shooter Situation **** SHOOTER – Turn yourself in. Get it over with now.
— Philadelphia Police (@PhillyPolice) January 17, 2014
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets