PHOENIX — The long-awaited day has arrived — this weekend students will be flocking to Arizona State University for move-in days.
The school reported that almost 14,000 students will be moving into 21 residence halls spread out over four campuses starting Friday and lasting through Sunday.
The majority of the residents will be freshmen, about 9,000 of them.
The annual fall welcome, a cluster of scheduled events that includes a diversity festival and job fairs.
Volunteers were out bright and early at the campuses — the main site in Tempe, the polytechnic school in Mesa, and downtown Phoenix and Glendale — helping newcomers and old hands at dorm life begin settling in.
Classes for the fall semester start Thursday.
- Arizona Cardinals in middle of pack for in-game food, beer prices
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Phoenix is fastest-warming city in US, meteorologist says
- Jams cause jammed roads: U2 to snarl Phoenix traffic on Tuesday
- Westbound US 60 reopens after deadly accident