PHOENIX — The long-awaited day has arrived — this weekend students will be flocking to Arizona State University for move-in days.
The school reported that almost 14,000 students will be moving into 21 residence halls spread out over four campuses starting Friday and lasting through Sunday.
The majority of the residents will be freshmen, about 9,000 of them.
The annual fall welcome, a cluster of scheduled events that includes a diversity festival and job fairs.
Volunteers were out bright and early at the campuses — the main site in Tempe, the polytechnic school in Mesa, and downtown Phoenix and Glendale — helping newcomers and old hands at dorm life begin settling in.
Classes for the fall semester start Thursday.
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale
- Silver Alert issued for missing 68-year-old Phoenix woman
- Off Central: Phoenix man works as auctioneer for more than 30 years
- Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix to be restricted over Nov. 17 weekend