PHOENIX — Arizona beer drinkers will be celebrating two holidays at the beginning of September: Labor Day and the release of Four Peaks Brewing Company’s Pumpkin Porter.
The brewery announced it would begin serving the extremely popular beer on Sept. 1.
The beer, which has been released in September the past few years, will be sold in six-packs and growlers beginning Sept. 7.
Pumpkin Porter is the best-selling seasonal craft beer in Arizona, according to Four Peaks Director of Sales Ted Golden. It received 84 points out of a possible 100 on Beer Advocate, a popular beer rating website.
The brewer has not said when it will release its popular Double Pumpkin. Stronger than the porter, the imperial ale has a “deeper, richer backbone and a spicy finish.”
- ‘Beer’ Down: Alcohol could be sold at Arizona Wildcats basketball arena
- Four Arizona breweries win medals at Great American Beer Festival
- Tapping into fall: Four Peaks to release Pumpkin Porter this week
- Celebrate National IPA Day with some of Arizona’s best
- Queen Creek’s first brewpub, Old Ellsworth Building, opening Monday