PHOENIX — Part of the latest”Transformers” movie was filmed at an air base in Arizona and one of the film’s stars took us behind the scenes in a video posted online.
Star Josh Duhamel posted the video this week of his experience filming at Luke Air Force Base, which is located in the western suburbs of Phoenix.
The video shows a movie set that was created inside the 944th Fighter Wing’s hangar at Luke. The set has vehicles, military supplies and a huge American flag.
In the video, Duhamel says he and the crew are going to see some “F-16s, some F-22s and God knows what else.” Luke is one of the Air Force’s largest training bases.
Duhamel must have been impressed by what he saw because he praises the base in the video.
“Luke Air Force Base is a gem for the U.S. Air Force and I’m proud to be here,” he said.
Duhamel was not the only “Transformers” star to give Arizona a shoutout this summer.
Filming for another part of the movie closed the Loop 303 for several days in June and star Mark Wahlberg posted a tweet thanking Valley residents for their patience and praising them for their ability to handle the heat.
The latest film in the franchise, “Transformers: The Last Knight” is scheduled to be released June 23, 2017.
- Airman at Phoenix-area base charged with second-degree murder of his baby
- Luke AFB pilot ejects during crash landing at Lake Havasu airport
- Luke AFB aerial show delayed to ensure ‘dynamic’ experience
- Three new types of specialty plates available for Arizona drivers
- Luke Air Force Base grounds F-35s after pilots complain of dizziness in air