Improvement projects across the Valley will place multiple restrictions on Phoenix-area freeways for the weekend of Aug. 12-15.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced the restrictions in place, as well as alternative routes and detours. As always, schedules may change due to the weather.
The following restrictions are scheduled to take place:
• Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane near Loop 303 in Goodyear from 4 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Aug. 13-14) for pavement repair. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be alert for construction crews and equipment. Consider alternate routes, including McDowell Road or Van Buren Street, to travel beyond the work zone.
• Eastbound Grand Avenue (US 60) narrowed to one lane between Deer Valley Road and Loop 303 in Surprise from 3 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) for resurfacing. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes if possible. Be alert for construction crews and equipment.
• Grand Avenue (US 60) closed overnight between Dysart and Litchfield roads in Surprise from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Aug. 13) for bridge work. DETOUR: Traffic will detour on local streets, including Dysart and Litchfield roads. Please allow extra travel time during overnight closure.
• Interstate 10 on- and off-ramps at University Drive/32nd Street near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) for bridge work and paving. University Drive/32nd Street also closed in the area between Wood and Elwood streets. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, which include using the I-10 on- or off-ramps at 40th Street, to access local businesses.
• State Route 347 intersection at Edison Road in the Maricopa area restricted from 7 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) for pavement improvements. Edison Road closed in both directions at SR 347. DETOUR: Traffic will detour on local streets. Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes.
- ‘Safety corridors’ along Arizona freeways saw fewer crashes in 2017
- South Mountain Freeway construction to close Interstate 10 ramps
- No Valley freeway closures planned for Rock n’ Roll Marathon weekend
- Rock n’ Roll Marathon to hinder Valley traffic, change transit schedules
- Woman dies, 3 hurt in 4-car accident at Phoenix intersection