Authorities canceled an hourslong Arizona Amber Alert on Thursday morning after a missing child was found safe with a parent in a neighboring state.
Law enforcement said Liliea Beliea Walker, 4, had last been seen just north of Chambers, Arizona in Pine Springs with her mother, Ledwina Yazzie.
The two were found in New Mexico.
Other members of the family had returned to their home in Pine Springs and discovered the mother and daughter were not there.
Yazzie’s purse and their coats were still at the house. Yazzie is mentally disabled and has a speech delay. It appeared they left on foot.
Initially, it was believed they were traveling to Tuba City to contact the little girl’s father.
- Amber Alert canceled for 3 kidnapped children from New Mexico
- Amber Alert canceled for infant taken in Yuma, Arizona
- Senate committee passes bill to bring Amber Alert system to reservations
- Tucson child found unharmed after being taken by unknown man
- Amber Alert cancelled for missing 15-year-old girl from Chandler