Authorities canceled an hourslong Arizona Amber Alert on Thursday morning after a missing child was found safe with a parent in a neighboring state.
Law enforcement said Liliea Beliea Walker, 4, had last been seen just north of Chambers, Arizona in Pine Springs with her mother, Ledwina Yazzie.
The two were found in New Mexico.
Other members of the family had returned to their home in Pine Springs and discovered the mother and daughter were not there.
Yazzie’s purse and their coats were still at the house. Yazzie is mentally disabled and has a speech delay. It appeared they left on foot.
Initially, it was believed they were traveling to Tuba City to contact the little girl’s father.
- Tucson Amber Alert suspects have criminal history, may be in Mexico
- Weekend wrap-up: The biggest Arizona-related stories
- Amber Alert issued for two children taken by parents in Tucson
- US House passes Amber Alert bill in honor of Native girl found dead
- Arizona lawmakers urge Congress to extend AMBER Alert to tribal lands