SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — It opened up as part of a $40 million renovation, but after eight years, BLT Steak at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa will close.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the steakhouse was a AAA Four-Diamond, Zagat-rated restaurant.
Representatives of BLT Steak released this statement Wednesday.
On September 9, 2016, BLT Steak, Scottsdale at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort + Spa will close its doors after eight successful years. We encourage local diners to enjoy this wonderful restaurant before the 9th and get their fill of the brand’s famous Popovers and prime, dry-aged steaks one more time in the Scottsdale location. BLT Steak will continue to operate in its other locations worldwide, including New York, Las Vegas and Washington D.C.
JW Marriott Camelback Inn is always looking for new opportunities to innovate its offerings for both locals and travelers alike, and we are excited to announce that a new restaurant will be opening in early October, which will celebrate the essence of the Southwest. More information will be released in the coming weeks.
Chef Tourondel led BLT Steak, which stood for Bistro Laurent Tourondel.
- Mistrial declared for ex-Arizona regulator charged with bribery
- Polling shows Democrats ahead on Arizona statewide generic ballots
- Arizona parks well-suited for families looking to take a last-minute vacation
- Border agents arrest 2 in Arizona for alleged attempted meth smuggling
- Prosecutors change policy for marijuana smuggling in Arizona