PHOENIX — Low-cost carrier Frontier Airlines announced service to four more cities to and from Phoenix starting in the winter.
The Denver-based airline planned to fly four times a week from Sky Harbor to St. Louis, Missouri and Milwaukee, Wisconsin and three times a week to Des Moines, Iowa and Nashville, Tennessee.
Travel starts Dec. 6-7.
To promote the new routes, Frontier was offering $59 one-way deals to St. Louis and Des Moines and $69 one-way deals to Milwaukee and Nashville.
Traffic overwhelmed the website Wednesday morning. Many hopefuls trying to book flight experienced difficulty connecting to the site.
Earlier this year, Frontier added Atlanta, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Detroit to its Phoenix schedule.
- Phoenix restaurant Coup Des Tartes to permanently close its doors
- Arizona plan to combat opioids would limit dosages, amounts
- Arizona has just 21 foster families for refugee children
- Joe Arpaio files appeal to undo contempt of court conviction
- Families of Florence children exposed to tear gas file lawsuit against state