PHOENIX — Low-cost carrier Frontier Airlines announced service to four more cities to and from Phoenix starting in the winter.
The Denver-based airline planned to fly four times a week from Sky Harbor to St. Louis, Missouri and Milwaukee, Wisconsin and three times a week to Des Moines, Iowa and Nashville, Tennessee.
Travel starts Dec. 6-7.
To promote the new routes, Frontier was offering $59 one-way deals to St. Louis and Des Moines and $69 one-way deals to Milwaukee and Nashville.
Traffic overwhelmed the website Wednesday morning. Many hopefuls trying to book flight experienced difficulty connecting to the site.
Earlier this year, Frontier added Atlanta, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Detroit to its Phoenix schedule.
- Inmate at Arizona prison in Buckeye dies; Homicide suspected
- Part of Interstate 17 in north Phoenix closed due to vehicle fire
- Teachers in Phoenix-area schools plan to hold protest Wednesday
- Arizona firefighters sent to Texas to help battle multiple wildfires
- Sen. Jeff Flake threatens Trump with impeachment if he fires Mueller