PHOENIX — Low-cost carrier Frontier Airlines announced service to four more cities to and from Phoenix starting in the winter.
The Denver-based airline planned to fly four times a week from Sky Harbor to St. Louis, Missouri and Milwaukee, Wisconsin and three times a week to Des Moines, Iowa and Nashville, Tennessee.
Travel starts Dec. 6-7.
To promote the new routes, Frontier was offering $59 one-way deals to St. Louis and Des Moines and $69 one-way deals to Milwaukee and Nashville.
Traffic overwhelmed the website Wednesday morning. Many hopefuls trying to book flight experienced difficulty connecting to the site.
Earlier this year, Frontier added Atlanta, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Detroit to its Phoenix schedule.
- One killed, two injured in west Phoenix shooting, police say
- Three Arizona comic book stores among top 20 in nation
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas