NEW YORK (AP) – The mother of a 3-year-old boy thrown to his death from the roof of a 52-story New York City apartment building has said farewell to him at a somber funeral Mass.
Nearly 100 people crowded into a Russian Orthodox church Thursday for the funeral of Kirill Kanarikov.
The Daily News reports (
http://nydn.us/1c86S4c) his mother, Svetlana Kanarikov, wept alongside his open casket. She fixed his hair and gave him one last kiss.
Police say her estranged husband, Dmitriy Kanarikov, threw their son off the rooftop Sunday during his first unsupervised visit with him and then jumped to his death. He was supposed to turn the boy over to her.
She has said her husband threatened to take their son if she didn’t leave everything to him in the separation.
Information from: Daily News,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy