NEW YORK (AP) – The mother of a 3-year-old boy thrown to his death from the roof of a 52-story New York City apartment building has said farewell to him at a somber funeral Mass.
Nearly 100 people crowded into a Russian Orthodox church Thursday for the funeral of Kirill Kanarikov.
The Daily News reports (
http://nydn.us/1c86S4c) his mother, Svetlana Kanarikov, wept alongside his open casket. She fixed his hair and gave him one last kiss.
Police say her estranged husband, Dmitriy Kanarikov, threw their son off the rooftop Sunday during his first unsupervised visit with him and then jumped to his death. He was supposed to turn the boy over to her.
She has said her husband threatened to take their son if she didn’t leave everything to him in the separation.
Information from: Daily News,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier