A study from The Council for Community and Economic Research’s Cost of Living Index shows that the most expensive city to get a cup of coffee in Arizona is Tucson.
The data, showcasing the top 50 cities with the most expensive cup, has Tucson as the only Arizona city to crack the rankings at No. 47.
The $4.88 average is higher than Phoenix’s $4.68, Flagstaff’s $4.72 and Yuma’s $4.66.
The far and away leader of the prices is Honolulu, where the average price is an astounding $7.56. Major cities such as San Francisco, Seattle and New York land between $5.50 and $6.00.
California leads the top 50 with its eight cities making the cut, while Washington with the base of Starbucks has seven.
- Book tells stories of retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- Brews and views: Thrillist names the Phoenix area’s best rooftop bars
- New book explores retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- Sen. John McCain reflects on brain cancer diagnosis on ’60 Minutes’
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix