PHOENIX — Early afternoon on August 20, Joseph Fatigoni confessed to robbing a 7-Eleven near 16th Street and Southern Avenue and killing the clerk. Phoenix police booked the 23-year-old on one count of murder, two counts of kidnapping and three counts of armed robbery.
The Phoenix Police Department said the suspect entered the 7-Eleven near 16th Street and Southern Avenue just in the very early hours of Monday morning.
He allegedly emptied the cash register before forcing the two on-duty clerks into a back room, where he then shot one of them. The shot clerk was identified as 36-year-old Amanjeet Singh Toor, and was pronounced dead on the scene. The other clerk ran.
Police said the suspect gave chase for a short time before fleeing the area.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Students planning March for Our Lives events across Arizona
- Utah couple gives birth to quintuplets at Phoenix hospital
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, slows traffic between Phoenix and Las Vegas
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area