PHOENIX — Early afternoon on August 20, Joseph Fatigoni confessed to robbing a 7-Eleven near 16th Street and Southern Avenue and killing the clerk. Phoenix police booked the 23-year-old on one count of murder, two counts of kidnapping and three counts of armed robbery.
The Phoenix Police Department said the suspect entered the 7-Eleven near 16th Street and Southern Avenue just in the very early hours of Monday morning.
He allegedly emptied the cash register before forcing the two on-duty clerks into a back room, where he then shot one of them. The shot clerk was identified as 36-year-old Amanjeet Singh Toor, and was pronounced dead on the scene. The other clerk ran.
Police said the suspect gave chase for a short time before fleeing the area.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Phoenix airport exploring plan to leave parking business
- Items from Macayo’s heading to auction in Phoenix, Casa Grande, Tucson
- Hula’s Modern Tiki to close in Phoenix, relocate nearby
- Phoenix man accused of kidnapping, assaulting four women
- Valley law enforcement K9s undergo explosive detection training